Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Coffee, writing and Thanksgiving Day.

One more day until Thanksgiving.

I came to the conclusion; one single person can actually fix a whole event by itself.
Its being one crazy, full of cleaning, still unpacking boxes kind of day. The cold, here Philadelphia, has magically emptied the big can of ground coffee I bought a week ago. Or perhaps, a gnome drank it all.

Ok. I admitted; it was me.
Is not because I love coffee, a lot, but because is the only thing I can actually have while doing a million things at the same time.

Going to the bank, grab a cup before making a deposit…
Drinking and driving? That’s easy; one hand on the wheel, the other holding a cup of Wawa’s freshly made Colombian coffee.

And how about doing what I love the most; writing. There is absolutely no way I can write, without a cup of coffee on my side. The music has to be on, of course. My inspiration comes faster, with these two things by my side. As of today, I haven’t written a single word in the past 4 days and is practically killing me. I can actually hear my characters screaming at me, for some attention.  Tomorrow I’ll be up way too early, making dinner while drinking ‘coffee’ and perhaps I’ll be able to relax afterwards.

I hope for everyone to have a great day in the company of those around and to be thankful for all the things you have. I’m grateful to be alive, for my wonderful husband, for my family, for my friends and for all the thing that will come my way. 
Have happy Thanksgiving Day.

Love rocks!!
Shameyn

No comments:

Post a Comment