Thursday, February 2, 2012

Practice makes perfection.

In every column I have ever read about writing, and the art of it, they all say the same thing; Writing is the key towards perfection. You won't get anywhere if you don't write. Is not just having a great idea for a story and then leave it somewhere in you computer, hidden in a folder. You have to put your butt in the chair and write. Write a little. Write a lot. Simply write. A page a day in a year is 365 pages.

Fear of been rejected? J.K Rowling was rejected dozens of times; Stephenie Meyer was also rejected, many times before they actually gave her a contract. They said she will never get anywhere with a love story between a vampire and a human… Guess who's laughing now?

Every writer I know has started somewhere with a great idea, and after is been written, and they have attempted to publish it they have been rejected as well. But that never stopped them; in fact that is what made them stronger. Practice is a requirement towards everything in life. If you don't practice you won't get better. So what if I suck at first??? I will continue writing until I don't suck anymore…So please, don't judge me if you haven't read anything I have written

No comments:

Post a Comment