Saturday, March 31, 2012

Returning from Hell

It's been more than a month since my last post. I must say I'm not proud, since writing is part of my life, but circumstances in my life had make it difficult for me to write.

As off Today, I'm back home and no longer working in the real world. I'm back from hell, and I literary mean hell. It only lasted merely a month, but that is exactly the time I could endure it. Been extra patience allowed me to get through the shifts but at the end my body was responding against it. I needed to resign. Simple as that.

Do I regret the decision to take the job? Absolutely. I had another interview the same day, but the opportunity to be a manager blinded me, and I took it without knowing the consequences that I had to endure with the other employees who didn't wanted me there, period.  As a new employee is hard to get along with the rest of the crew, but been introduced as the new manager to employees who were starving for a position was like a shower of bullets for them.

I needed the job but I need my sanity more, and that place was taking my very last ounce of it. Now I feel somehow like a failure for not been able to prove the kind of lider I know I am, but at the same time I wasn't happy. Getting out of bed to go to work was taking the best of me, and I knew the feeling too well. I don't regret the decision to resign, but more the decision of taking something I wasn't prepare for.

I know better things would come. In the mean time I will continue with my writing. Perhaps I will be able to start the second book on the series of The Last One. 'Doubt' is still waiting to be pick by a agent, and I'm still sending out queries. I know I will land an agent, even if it takes a whole year to achieve. 

Love rocks !!!
Shameyn...

No comments:

Post a Comment